The clock with just 24 hours in it is very unfair, as these hours are too less to fit in everything that happens on daily basis. You have your 9-5 job, then there is extra work that is piled on you, then there is your social life which you cannot ignore all the time, then there is some family time you are entitled to have, there are grocery and home shopping to do and amidst all this there are your 7-8 hours of important sleep too. Phew! So much for a 24-hour day
While we would appreciate your spirit of life, we would also like to bring your attention to the fact that you aren’t doing yourself any favours by disregarding your health — no matter how packed your workday is. When you are neglecting exercise from your schedule, you’re putting both your physical and your mental health at risk, which can negatively impact your productivity and effectiveness at work.
1. Add exercise to your work routine
- Ditch the elevator and take the stairs instead.
- Swap rides with a long brisk walk to the office if it is nearby. (any way you will spend extra time in traffic)
- If it is far, opt for cycling your way to work.
- Never lose an opportunity to stand up, when on a call walk around.
- Break your lunch up into two half-hour blocks and walk around in the neighbourhood or jog in the first half.
- Suggest walking meetings (if possible and if your opinions are entertained)
2. Pieces of equipment for workouts while on the chair
- Replace your chair with a stability ball and sit on it on several intervals spread.
- For your wrist and forearms carry your hand gripper to work.
- Bicep curls are easily done with your heavy water bottles.
- Twist and turn, swivel on your chair to give those abdomen muscles and abs some workout.
- Do some leg-raise under your desk and nobody will notice.
- Chair again- use your arms and rise above your chair and hold the pose, use the chair to squat your way to good-butt.
3. Exercise methods while standing
- A great workout for your glutes- do back leg raise while you’re on your coffee break.
- One-leg squats are a great option while waiting for the printer.
- Incline pushups are another way to kill the waiting time.
- Do some calf-raises for a minute while you are standing.
- Get up from your chair and invest in some wall-sits.
- Why do it alone? Start a fitness club in office and let the other fitness conscious co-workers hop in for some workout. (this way you won’t stand out stupidly)