He goes by several titles, an honest comedian, an exemplary singer, a Youtube sensation, and social media champ. Unless were lost in the Himalayas for the past couple of years, any Indian with internet connection has heard of Bhuvan Bam and his channel BB Ki Vines.
After conquering across all the digital platforms, the monicker all set to make his Bollywood debut. Producer Guneet Monga, who’s known for content-driven films like Gangs Of Wasseypur, Masaan and The Lunchbox, has roped in the 23-year-old for short film titled, Plus Minus.
Bam took to Instagram to release the poster which features him in a turban and a soldier’s uniform. He captioned the post saying, ‘Proud to announce my debut short film ‘Plus Minus’. Something which I’ve been working on since months.”
View this post on Instagram
Proud to announce my debut short film ‘Plus Minus’. Something which I’ve been working on since months. 😊 The story explores various dimensions of human relationships through the narrative of two individuals. @divyadutta25 @jkdbombay @guneetmonga @rohitonweb @sikhya @mividigital Poster design: @sachingurav #BBKiVinesProductions #SikhyaEntertainment
According to the budding star, the story will explore various dimensions of human relationships through the narrative of two individuals.
But many wonder how and where it all began? Here are a few things you may not know about the internet sensation.
1. It all started back in 2015 when Bam made a mockery video on the media reporting of Kashmir floods and posted on his Facebook page. The video went viral and was flooded with messages and texts overnight, and thereby his YouTube channel BB Ki Vines was born. Now, he is the most subscribed person on YouTube in India with over 9 million subscribers.
2. He began his career singing at bars at New Delhi and now makes exclusive music videos for his channel. Trained in training in classical music, the 23-year-old composes and sings his own original lyrics, and music videos, Teri Meri Kahani, Sang Hoon Tere and Safar, were a huge hit.
3. He has his co-created content with actress and YouTube Star Amanda Cerny and parented with another YouTube sensation, Lilly Singh. Need we say more?
— Bhuvan Bam (@Bhuvan_Bam) June 25, 2018
4. The reason for his massive popularity is attributed to his unique writing skill and originality. His simple and relatable content in Hindi laced with humour has helped the Delhi-based youngster to be ahead of others. Speaking at TEDx Talks, he emphasised on the importance of originality while perusing dreams.
5. BB Ki Vines won in the Most Popular category at the WebTV Asia Awards in 2016. That same year, one of Bam’s videos hit the one billion mark in views and now the Millennial achiever is eyeing 10 billion mark.
We can’t wait to see his charisma on the silver screen!