The Pink Lotus Academia, an online and offline tutorial platform focused on Indian classical artforms and yoga,is conducting a Tabla Workshop for percussionists by Tabla prodigy and renowned artist Yashwant Rajendra Vaishnav.
Fine-tune your percussion expertise with accomplished Tabla artist Yashwant Vaishnav. Having trained under several artists of international fame, Yashwant brings an intrinsic understanding of rhythm, diverse techniques and extensive experience to the workshop. It is open to percussionists only.
The curriculum of the workshop includes:
*Elementary theoretical constructs.
* Intensive rhythmic exercises.
* Deeper understanding of taala, laya, matra, theka, sam, taali, khaali, vibhaag, kayda, tihai, tukda, etc;
* Outline history of prominent gharanas of tabla.
* Structural knowledge of specifically Punjab gharana of tabla.
* Basic bols- Varnas of tabla.
* Theka of Teental/ Jhaptaal/ Rupak with Thah, Dugun, Tigun, Chaugun, Kayda, Paltas Chakradhaar Tukda etc.
* Traditional bandish compositions ranging from basic, rare to difficult.
* Basic knowledge of vocal and instrumental accompaniment.
* Intensive sessions on Padhant- How to improve tonal clarity, proper enunciation of syllables, breathing techniques,etc.
* Tabla solo –different aspects of tabla – Peshkar/ Uthan, improvisation, etc.
* Rhythmic challenges.
* Practice routines and materials.
Materials needed for the workshop: Percussion instruments.
The workshop will be held on October 1, 2 and 3, 2021. Aimed at percussionists all over the world, the day 1 and 2 will be for students from Indian and Eastern countries. The third day will be for Western countries.
The duration is 7-8 hours per day; first session from 10 am to 1 pm, and second session from 2.30 pm to 6pm.
Fees for offline classes: Rs 4,500 for 2 days, Rs 3,000 for 1 day. And for online classes in India: Rs 3,500 (for 2 days) and International(England, London, France, Italy, Washington, Chicago, California): 125 USD (for 2 days)
On October 3, tabla workshop is dedicated only to western countries, from 6 pm to 1am IST. Fee: 100 USD.
About The Pink Lotus Academia
The Pink Lotus Academia is an online/offline tutorial platform with its physical presence in GK 2, new Delhi. They also conduct offline classes at the studio. It is a creative organization that promotes the benefits of Indian classical arts, culture and yoga, so that their artistic features are taken beyond the realm of performance, to boost health and well-being. The idea is to incorporate their wholesomeness and healing touch in our personal and social lives.
The Pink Lotus Academia
E-297, Saral Jyoti Apartment
GK-II Main Road (80ft Road)
New Delhi 110048.