From fried food, chocolate to dry fruit modak, Ganesh Chaturthi is all about love for Bappa and enjoying a delicious spread. If you cannot make modak at home this time, fret not, Hershey’s lists 5 simple yet traditional recipes that are sure to be a delight as well!
1. Hershey’s Nuts Barfi
- 1 cup cashew powder
- ½ cup sesame paste (toasted sesame ground, like tahini)
- 1½ tablespoons chopped almond
- 1½ tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1½ tablespoons chopped cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Strawberry Flavor Syrup
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee to heat a little
- To the ghee, add cashew powder, sesame paste & chopped nuts. Cook all this together till the moisture evaporates, but ensure not to make the mixture brown
- Add Hershey’s Strawberry Flavor Syrup & cook till its combined & semi dry
- Place barﬁ trays on your work platform & tip the mixture into the trays enough to ﬁll the trays evenly
- For garnish sprinkle pista on the tray. Overturn the tray, on your work table, & turn it back to let the pistas stick into the halwa
- Set the hallway for a 3 – 4 hours
- Cut the halwa into bite sized squares, plate & garnish with some more Pista
2. Hershey’s Apple pie Gujiya
For the dough
- 1 cup refined flour
- A Pinch of Salt
- 1½ tbsp ghee
For apple pie Stuffing
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- 3 tbsp Hershey’s Caramel Flavored Syrup
- Oil to deep fry
For apple pie Stuffing
- In a pan add butter and heat it. Add chopped apples and sauté.
- Now add cinnamon powder, apple cider vinegar, almonds, Hershey’s Caramel flavored Syrup and mix until thick.
- Remove and cool it.
For The Dough
- Add refined flour, salt and ghee in a bowl. Rub and mix together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a little water or as required and knead a stiff but a smooth dough. Cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll it out. Keep the filling in the center then fold it and give it a gujiya shape.
- Deep fry them in hot oil until golden brown.
3. Hershey’s Chocolaty Sheera
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 100 gm semolina (suji)
- 200 ml water
- 2 tbsp. Hershey’s Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- Put a saucepan on medium heat, add the ghee and let it melt.
- Once the ghee melts, add semolina and roast till the color changes to light golden brown.
- Add water slowly followed by Hershey’s Chocolate Flavored Syrup.
- Keep stirring.
- Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot.
4. Hershey’s Choco-Nut Kalakand
- 1 Cups Condensed Milk
- 1 Cups Paneer, crumbled
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ¼ Cup Mixed Nuts, chopped (Pistachios, Almonds)
- ¼ cup Hershey’s Chocolate Flavoured Syrup
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium flame.
- Add condensed milk and cook till it is warm.
- Now add in crumbled paneer, cardamom powder, Hershey’s Chocolate Flavored Syrup and mix well.
- Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- After few minutes, it will turn to thick mass and will begin to leave the sides of the pan. This is the time to turn the flame off.
- Take a greased tray and transfer the kalakand mixture to the greased tray, spread it to ¾ inch thickness.
- Smooth the top evenly with the help of rubber spatula and top up with chopped nuts, pat lightly.
- Refrigerate the kalakand for 2-3 hours. After chilling, cut into desired shapes and serve.
5. Hershey’s Chocolate Payasam
- 2 ¼ cups Milk 4 tbsp Rice (Rinsed)
- ¼ cup Sugar 100 ml
- Coconut Milk 50 ml
- Hershey’s Chocolate Flavoured Syrup
- 75 g Hershey’s Spreads Cocoa
- 50 g Chironji 50 g Cashew Nuts
- Heat milk in a pot, bring the milk to a boil then put on simmer.
- Add rice and allow it to cook till the rice becomes soft.
- As it begins to thicken, add sugar, coconut milk and cook for a few more minutes.
- Now add Hershey’s Chocolate Flavoured Syrup, Hershey’s Spreads Cocoa & mix thoroughly.
- Lastly, add in the chironji & cashew nuts and stir well. Turn off the flame.
- Plating a dish is as important as making it. So use a beautiful serving bowl & pour the Hershey’s Choco Payasam in it and top it with some nuts.
- Serve it hot or chilled.