The story of one of the B-town’s power couple, Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan, is a pure Bollywood drama with love, romance, fights, separation, reunion, family disapproval and finally a happy-ending wedding. It has been 27 years to their marriage today and over the years they have redefined the meaning of true love time and again.
The closely knitted family now has three more members- sons Aryan and Ibrahim Khan and daughter Suhana Khan, and the family is always set out to give major family goals, be it with their family celebrations, lavish vacations or expressing love for each other on social media.
View this post on Instagram
The years pass but I wish that the love between you both only grow more stronger as the time pass by 🕊💕 Happy 27th Anniversary to Our POWER COUPLE SRK & GAURI ❤👳👰💍💎💐❤ You two give real meaning to this precious relationship 💖✨ We LOVE YOU Papa & Mama 😘😘😘💞💞💞 @iamsrk @gaurikhan @___aryan___ @iamgeeshiakhan @suhanakhan2 #ShahRukhKhan #ShahRukh #SRK #SRKians #KingKhan #KingOfBollywood #Baadshah #BaadshahOfBollywood #GauriKhan #Love #AryanKhan #GeeshiaKhan #SuhanaKhan #AbRamKhan #QueenKhan #SRKGauri #BollywoodActor #Superstar #Khan #SRKFamily #BollywoodLife #BollywoodStyle #BollywoodFashion #BollywoodFamily #Bollywood #India #Indonesia #GeeshiaAuzeeaKhan #IamGeeshiaKhan #HappyAnniversarySRKGauri
Unlike any other Bollywood couple in love, Srk and Gauri have never been seen indulging in PDA or expressing love with cute comments on each others’ social media posts. Nevertheless, Khan and Gauri both have always addressed their partner’s importance in their lives and showed us how much they love each other. Here are some of the lines picked up from the couple’s interviews, over the years, which are oozing with love and care.
- The couple met at a party in Delhi when Gauri was just 14, she says, ‘Shah Rukh was the first person I met and went out with. And he has been the only man.’
- On her husband making her feel special- ‘He has the knack of making anyone feel special. And has always made me feel so.’ Well, the man surely is the king of romance.
- On their not so public-show-off relationship- ‘My life is with Shah Rukh and the kids. He is the best husband and father I could ever ask for, I don’t come from space where I gush and praise. The world is doing enough of that I like to keep my love for him private and inside the doors of Mannat.’
- Speaking candidly about accepting her husband’s behaviour towards the children- ‘He spoils the kids rotten! It’s because he lost his parents at a very early age and always feels the need to pamper his own because he didn’t get it as much. He wants to give them all the happiness in the world because of which, sometimes he goes overboard which is such a headache for me. All I end up doing is sit on the side and complain, but he doesn’t listen.’
View this post on Instagram
#Repost @riamiloray • • • Preparing my last portrait to travel to India for me 🌹 “You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.” Paulo Coelho @iamsrk @gaurikhan #srk #shahrukhkhanportrait #gaurikhanportrait #art #pencilofartists
Shah Rukh Khan-
- About his first meet and approach for dance- ‘I am very shy in personal life. I had never asked a girl out.’ And when he finally got a chance to dance with her at the party, Shah Rukh Khan says, ‘I danced with her, she was very good. I asked for her telephone number and she was the first girl with whom I had danced or asked for their number. I felt that she is the one for me, as she has not told me a ‘no’ for now.’
- Even when Shah Rukh was a struggling actor in B-Town, his priority was always his wife Gauri. ‘My wife comes first. And I can tell you this much that if ever I am asked to make a choice between my career and Gauri, I’ll leave films…I mean I would go insane but for her. She’s the only thing I have…I love her body. I am hooked to her.’
- On Gauri being his life-handler- ‘In some ways, my life has been led by women. Gauri has been behind me like a force in everything I do. To be able to handle a household and keep it detached from my profession is the job of a superwoman, and Gauri does it effortlessly. I still don’t know how she does it.’
- On his simple understanding of love- ‘I can define my love for Gauri not even subjective. It is indescribable. I cannot even explain why I do not feel for anyone else. I could tell you to write down great quotes about love, but I personally would not believe it. I love to be together with Gauri. I love her face, I love her smile, I love everything about her.’
View this post on Instagram
Happy 27th Anniversary to @iamsrk and @gaurikhan ❤ . . . . #srk #kingkhan #bollywood #bollywoodactor #bollywoodactress #kingofromance #fan #shahrukhkhanfans #shahrukh #abramkhan #shahrukhkhan #srkfans #srkfan #mahirakhan #happybirthdaygaurikhan #shahrukhkhanfans #srkuniverse #iamsrk #kingofbollywood #zero #bharat #raees #baadshah #pakistan #gaurikhan #shah #srkian #srkians #2point0teaser
The couple has come a long way and after years of marriage their love for each other is still strong, SRK said on Koffee with Karan, ‘We have known each other for so long, we have surpassed a stage. One of the stages that we have passed is that we don’t need to sit under a moonlit night. I think just passing each other across from the bedroom to the living room is romantic. Love is in the air. We have wonderful children who are proof that we have a wild, loud, screaming romance going on in the house all day long.’
Happy 27th Anniversary to the adorable couple!