It’s the time of the year where everyone is eagerly waiting for the festival of colours. Talk about Holi celebrations, our mouth starts watering while thinking of sweets, chaats, spring coolers, crispy snacks, as sweets and piquant flavoured food are an intrinsic part of the festival. So, this Holi Del Monte brings to you some new delicious recipes which will leave you smacking your lips for more.
Cranberry Lemon Yogurt Popsicles
These healthy cranberry lemon yogurt popsicles are creamy, sweet and lemony. They have the goodness of yogurt and cranberries are a colourful treat no-one can refuse! It’s a perfect blend of flavours for kids and adults, to enjoy this Holi festival!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes 8 popsicles
For the cranberry layer:
- Cranberry: 130 gms
- Sugar: 1/4 cup
- Water: 1 cup
For the yogurt layer:
- Yogurt: 1 1/2 cups
- Honey: 1/4 cup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a pan, add Del Monte Cranberries, sugar and water. Boil, and sim it for 10-15 minutes till the mixture thickens up and cranberries become soft. Set aside to cool.
- In the meanwhile, mix yogurt, honey and lemon together till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the popsicles, add 2-3 tablespoons yogurt mixture to the popsicle mould, top with 2 tablespoons cranberry mixture and then fill it up with yogurt mixture. Repeat for the remaining moulds.
- Freeze for 8 hours. Serve frozen.
Del Monte Peach Kalakand
Preparation Time: 45 minutes, plus refrigeration
- 1cup, Del Monte Peach Halves, chopped
- 200 gms, Khoya/ Mawa
- 2 litres plus 2 cups, Milk
- 2 tablespoons, Vinegar
- ¼ cup Sugar, you may increase or decrease as per need
- A pinch of saffron
- A drop of Rose Essence
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- ¼ cup, syrup from the Peach can
- Few saffron strands and slivered pistachios for garnish
- In a pan, add peaches, 1/4 cup of sugar, syrup, saffron, mix and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add rose essence and mix. It should reach thick chunky jam consistency.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat milk on a medium flame. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Once milk starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. Gradually add vinegar and stir, milk will start curdling. Once the milk is curdled, take it off the stove and immediately add ice cubes. Leave it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Line the strainer with muslin or cheesecloth. Strain the curdled milk and squeeze the cloth to drain excess water. Wash it under cold running water to remove the traces of vinegar. This is called chenna.
- Mix khoya, chenna, 2 cups of milk and place it in the heavy bottom pan, heat the khoya mixture on low flame. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add sugar (as per preference) if needed, and cook on low flame stirring continuously till mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan and forms a dough. Take it off the stove, add peach mixture, cardamom powder, place in greased plate or tray, cool and refrigerate. Cut them in squares or diamond shape and garnish with saffron strands, slivered pistachios.
NOTE: Refrigerate in the fridge and consume within 3 days.
Fizzy Blueberry Lemonade
Blueberry Lemonade is one of the best drinks that can happen during the summer season. It has the sweetness and tanginess of the blueberries and lemon, making it so delicious.
Preparation/ Cooking Time – 30 Mins
- 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup water 1 and 1/2 cups Del Monte Blueberries Zest of 1 lemon
- For the lemonade: Juice of 2 lemons 1 Cup chilled water 500 ml club soda few ice cubes
- Combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and blueberries turn into a thick paste
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Blend this blueberry mixture to a smooth puree.
- Squeeze the lemons to get the juice.
- To prepare the lemonade, in a large pitcher combine blueberry puree, lemon juice and water. Stir to combine.
- Add ice cubes, lemon wedges and fresh mint leaves in each serving glass.
- Fill the glass 3/4 with the blueberry lemonade.
- Pour the club soda to fill the remaining 1/4 of the glass. Stir to mix.
- Serve Fizzy Blueberry Lemonade immediately
Let Lose Your Cravings, Because It’s Holi…..!!!