We all have spirit animals. At the age of 10, it was invariably a dolphin or a tiger, but with time, our choices become more nuanced. Now we have celebrity spirit animals, and I think mine is Bollywood’s dashing power couple, Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor.
From their instant love on the sets of Tashan (where they met) to their five-year-long courtship culminating in grand Pataudi wedding, and now the internet favourite baby boy Taimur, they have a fairy tale story.
Coming back to spirit animal, I am sure you are wondering why? and How come? Well, read on as Shah Rukh Khan would put it ‘picture Abhi baki hai mere dost.’
1. You will often spot Saif and Kareena opting for a quiet dinner with close friends and family, implying that family is important to them. In fact the couple recently they took a trip with Soha and Kunal Khemu in the Maldives and had a fun time chilling in a pool.
You will always find some pictures of Kareena hugging her step-daughter, Sara Ali Khan, hinting at their strong bond. My sanskari feelings are melting!
2. When we think of celebrities, we think glamour red carpet event, late night parties, but Saif and Kareena like to relax and chill with a glass of wine in their ‘tiny’ balcony, like a normal person.
Saif in an interview shared, ‘There’s probably a kurta-pyjama (ethnic menswear), but there is good wine, and there’s good jazz. There’s a balcony that’s very small. Sometimes we have six friends, seven friends over, and they all fit in that tiny balcony and I always remember that if we move to a bigger place, that we don’t forget the intimacy of this flat because the people who like each other always manage to fit in that balcony, in the most incredible nooks and crannies.’
My spirit animal sense is tingling!
3. Their son, Taimur Ali Khan became an internet sensation the day he was born and his fan following has just been growing with each day. Instead of hiding the little munchkin from the media, they have taken a carefree attitude towards it. Isn’t she a cool mom?
The diva mother is even real AF when asked if she is tired about answering questions about Taimur. ‘Very. I am very bored of answering questions about him. He is not even (present) with me and still I am being asked about him,’ Kareena cheekily added. Adopt me? Please
4. The entire world has seen how adorable Saifeena are in the Airbnb travel ad. Their experience in the city of Windsor is relaxed and casual. They are seen going for picnics, going to lesser-known coffee shop, exploring the local stores, taking some time to cook, to read, to basically do just one thing – chill. Anyone else getting spirit animal vibes? I feel the chills.
5. Both of them know how to balance their career and personal life and are level-headed about their movie choices. The couple hasn’t done a movie together since 2012 and their reason is realistic. ‘One of us has to be around Taimur. With him around, we try and work at different times,’ Saif shared.
Their chilled attitude toward movies, life, marriage and now parenthood, proves that they are the IT couple of Bollywood.