By: Agnes Chen, Technical Head, Streax Professional
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Whether you are planning for a virtual date or stepping out with your loved one, there is no denying that V-Day is a great occasion to pull out all the styles when it comes to your hair.
Agnes Chen, Technical Head, Streax Professional, the premium hair colour and care brand, is here to get you in a loving mood. We have rounded up Five quick favourite romantic hairstyles that are just as perfect for a date night as they are on the red carpet. Are you ready? Keep on reading!
Recreate these beautiful and romantic yet easy hairstyles. Even a simple, sweet, and romantic updo is perfect:
- Create Your First Section-Then, using a fine-tooth comb, part the hair down the middle of the head. On the other side, use the fine comb to gather a thin section of hair from the crown.
- Start a French Braid- Divide this section into three, and begin a French braid starting at the crown and curving towards the head’s backside, like the top head of a heart. You will be lifting hair into the braid only from the side of the part.
- Secure the First Braid- When you reach the centre part at the head’s back, secure the braid with the bands. The end will hang down the back.
- Create Second French Braid- Clip up the hair on the other side of the part and repeat the process. Secure with a band.
- Join Together- Join the two ends of the braids together in the back with a ponytail holder to form the heart’s bottom point.
- Use your favourite hairspray to set your heart braid in place and go show it off!
FOR LONG TRESSES:
The Waterfall Braids:
- Take an extensive section of hair at the front and separate it into three strands.
- Part your hair in the middle, grab a small section at the front (on the left or the right), and take it back.
- Divide into three sections and make a few alignments of a standard crossing-over braid.
- After this, pick up a small section of hair from right behind the set-aside area.
- Split and smooth your new section from the rest of your hair, then cross it over the centre section of your braid– this new piece acts in place of the freed area.
- Again, pick up a small new hair section from right behind where the now-free area can traverse the braid.
- Come again and repeat this step to make as many waterfall stitches as you like!
Long Loose Curls:
- Put the middle part up in a clip so you can curl the sides and back.
- Grab a small section of your hair and roll up your hair around it, start with the hair next to your head. Curl your hair aside from your face.
- After releasing the hair from the curling iron, hold curls in your hand for 10 seconds while your hair cools down.
- Repetition needed for the whole bottom section of your tresses
- After you have curled the bottom section of your hair, release the clip.
- Part your hair where you want it to fall.
Sweet Side Braid:
- Part your hair. Parting your hair on the side also makes for a more classic look.
- Gather hair to the side- Gently pull all your hair to one side and place the middle against the collar of your neck, below your earlobe. Grab a flyaway with the help of a bobby pin around the neck place. Start with your braid.
- Divide the hair into three sections and then begin braiding them together. Do not braid to the very end of the strands, though. Tie off the braid when you have two to four inches left to go. When you finish, beef up the braid by massaging it with your fingers.
- Secure your braid correctly. Secure with the help of the band and pull the strand slightly to embrace the braid.
FOR SHORT OR A BOB STRAND:
Deep Side Part with Side-Swept Bangs for A Sophisticated Yet Romantic Look
Bangs can do wonders. After all, you bring a fresh update to your signature hairstyle: they effectively frame your face and can even add a bit of edge and personality to your everyday look. Plus, there is genuinely a fringe style for everyone.
There you have our favourite four Valentine’s Day hairstyles, all relatively easy to replicate and suitable for all hair types and lengths. Try these beautiful romantic hairstyles and leave your Valentine mesmerised.