Chef Nirata Kar is the Junior Sous Chef at Renaissance Bengaluru Race Course Hotel. This culinary expert is especially partial to all things sweet and buttery. With over eight years of experience in Bakery and Patisserie, Chef Nirata Kar excels at leading the team to produce high quality scrumptious desserts and in creative appealing presentation. She has outstanding culinary techniques in developing healthy recipe
Prior to joining Renaissance Bengaluru Race Course Hotel, Chef Nirata has worked with some of the finest hotel brands across India such as Hyatt and Hilton Bangalore, JW Marriott Hotel Kolkata and Jaipur and Hyatt Regency Kolkata. She brings to the table a natural flair for designing and curating personalized desserts with ease. With her forte lying in flavour and textures, Chef Nirata believes that superlative quality, taste, texture and presentation are of utmost importance while preparing any dish.
On the other side, she finds great joy in photography, which she gets to explore at the job as well when she comes up with unique dessert creations. Not just that, an avid traveller that she is, her photographic skills are always put to best use. An amateur astronomer, she is always curious to know what lies beyond the sky and the ever evolving dessert trends.
On this special occasion of International Women’s Day, the lady shares with us one of her most celebrated recipes which we all can give a try at home.
Here it is:
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE, STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE ICE CREAM
- Butter Unsalted- 175 gm
- Chocolate 54% Callebaut- 450 gm
- Castor Sugar- 50 gm
- Egg Yolk- EA 6
- Egg White- EA 6
- Refine Flour- 50-gm
- Baking Powder- 2.5 gm
- Melt butter and chocolate together.
- Combine egg white, egg yolk and castor sugar. Whisk well to homogenize.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mix. Make sure chocolate is just lukewarm.
- Fold the dry ingredients and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Grease the serving bowl with butter and dust with flour. Fill the mixer 3/4th of the bowl.
- Bake at 190°C for 12 minutes
- The centre will be still soft. Serve hot with ice cream.