Season 2 of the Manoj Bajpayee and Samantha starrer The Family Man grabs 6 awards across categories
Mirzapur Season 2 hailed as the Best Series by Critics
Mumbai, India, December 10, 2021: Amazon Prime Video, one of India’s most loved entertainment destinations, registered 7 wins at the 2nd edition of the prestigious MyGlamm Filmfare OTT Awards 2021. Leading its victory tally was the new season of the popular Amazon Original The Family Man whose creators and cast were recognized across 6 categories, while Mirzapur Season 2 won the Best Series (Critics) award. These wins reinforce Prime Video’s position as the go-to service for engaging stories and storytellers. In the last five years, Prime Video has offered some of the most diverse and authentic content that celebrates local stories, talent and artists, contributing to the country’s dynamic creative economy by ushering in a new era of entertainment.
“At Prime Video, we are constantly striving to serve the diverse preferences of our viewers through distinctive, local stories,” said Aparna Purohit, Head of India Originals, Amazon Prime Video India. She added, “The Filmfare OTT Awards signify the unique role that video streaming services, such as Prime Video, are playing today in redefining the Indian entertainment ecosystem. Our shows winning across 7 different categories reaffirms my belief that good stories have the power to travel, provoke thought, and unite, all at the same time. Thank you, Filmfare, for honouring the hard work put in by the talent, creators, and technicians and of course, the team at Amazon Prime Video, that have worked hard to bring the best stories to our audiences in India, and across the world.”
Prime Video won across the following categories:
1. Best Series, Critics – Mirzapur Season 2
2. Best Actor, Series (Female): Drama – Samantha (The Family Man Season 2)
3. Best Actor, Series (Male), Critics: Drama – Manoj Bajpayee (The Family Man Season 2)
4. Best Supporting Actor, Series (Male): Drama – Sharib Hashmi (The Family Man Season 2)
5. Best Director, Critics: Raj Nidimoru, Krishna DK, Suparn S Varma (The Family Man Season 2)
6. Best Original Story, Series – Raj Nidimoru, Krishna DK and Suman Kumar (The Family Man Season 2)
7. Best Original Screenplay, Series: Raj Nidimoru, Krishna DK, Suman Kumar and Suparn S Varma (The Family Man Season 2)
Filmfare’s OTT Awards are exclusively dedicated towards celebrating the best of artistic and technical excellence across Web Originals in the OTT space.
ABOUT AMAZON PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers Prime members a collection of award-winning Amazon Original series, thousands of movies and TV shows—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. Find out more at PrimeVideo.com.
● Included with Prime Video: Thousands of acclaimed TV shows and movies across languages and geographies, including Indian films such as Shershaah, Toofaan, Sardar Udham, Coolie No. 1, Gulabo Sitabo, Shakuntala Devi, Sherni, Durgamati, Chhalaang, Hello Charlie, Cold Case, Narappa, Sara’s, Sarpatta Parambarai, Kuruthi, #HOME, Tuck Jagadish and more along with Indian-produced Amazon Original series like Mumbai Diaries 26/11, The Last Hour, Paatal Lok, Bandish Bandits, Breathe, Comicstaan Semma Comedy Pa, The Family Man, Mirzapur, Inside Edge and Made In Heaven amongst others. Also included are popular global Amazon Originals like The Tomorrow War, Coming 2 America, Cinderella, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Without Remorse, American Gods, One Night in Miami, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Cruel Summer, Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and many more, available for unlimited streaming as part of a Prime membership. Prime Video includes content across Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi and Bengali.
● Instant Access: Prime Members can watch anywhere, anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV and multiple gaming devices. Prime Video is also available to consumers through Airtel and Vodafone pre-paid and post-paid subscription plans. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost.
● Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
● Included with Prime: Prime Video is available in India at no extra cost with Prime membership. New customers can find out more at www.amazon.in/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES: