Established in 1976 by world renowned dancing couple Padma Bhushan’s Drs. Raja Radha Reddy and Kaushalya Reddy, Natya Tarangini is a performing arts center par excellence in the capital city of New Delhi. Under the guidance of the Reddy’s, it has been working tirelessly to preserve, propagate and promote the Indian Dance and Music in our country.
Natya Tarangini started the ‘Parampara Series’ National and International Festival of Dance and Music as a movement to preserve and enrich the cultural mosaic of our everyday life and today takes pride in the fact that it has largely succeeded in its endeavors. Natya Tarangini is conducting its 27th Edition this year with full dedication towards preserving our art & culture. As part of the Parampara Series “Natya Tarangini” will be celebrating the festival by presenting nationally and internationally reputed artists for 3 days.
Today Natya Tarangini’s name has become synonymous with this overwhelmingly successful festival series, which showcases artistes drawn from across the world. The Moscow Classical Ballet, the Paul Taylor Dance Company, flamenco dancer Jose Porcel and whirling dervishes are among the groups that have performed at the festival along with stalwarts such as Pt. Hari Prasad Chaurasia, Kishori Amonkar, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, Dr. M. Balamurali Krishna, Begum Parveen Sultana, Vyjayanthimala Bali, Kelucharan Mohapatra, Hariharan, Alarmel Valli, Pt. Birju Maharaj, Astad Deboo amongst others, celebrating the embodiment of the best of Indian heritage with the cosmopolitan world view.
Natya Tarangini’s festivals have always been inaugurated by high dignitaries such as Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India and Shri L K Advani, former deputy Prime Minister of India to name a few.
Name of the event: 27th Edition Parampara Series- The National Festival of Dance & Music
Dates: 06th to 08th October 2023
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Venue: Raja Radha Rangmanch, Natya Tarangini Performing Art Centre, Plot No. 49 & 52, Sec-6, Pushp Vihar, Saket, New Delhi 17
6th October 2023
• Shubha Mudgal – Hindustani Vocal, the queen of Khayal and Thumri will be giving her second performance at the Parampara series
• Raja Radha Reddy Repertory will be presenting an amalgamation of 4 Indian Classical Dance styles in their production titled ‘ Hampi Vaibhavam’.
7th October 2023
• Fareed Hasan Khan & Mehboob Hussain Khan – Hindustani Vocalists of the Bandish Bandits fame who are carrying on the legacy of the Delhi Gharana
• Santosh Nair one of the foremost contemporary dance artists of the country will be presenting his group Sadhya in a production ‘Game of Dance’.
8th October 2023
• Bickram Ghosh is back with his renowned percussion ensemble (Rhythm Scape)
• Vaibhav Arekar – Bharatanatyam artist known for his immersive theatrical presentation style will be coming with a rare production
Over the last 26 years Natya Tarangini has been conducting the Parampara series without break, bringing authentic innovative concerts year after year. 2020 brought upon the performing artists in India tough times, this festival is our attempt to bring back the arts sector on its feet. By bringing visibility to the artists and the festival, let us spread hope as we move ahead.